Wednesday 1 February 2012

Why am I interested in weight loss? Why should you?

I thought that in this post I'd say a little about myself! Very self centred I know :). So what got me interested in weight loss?

Well, about a year ago I was told that I was on the verge of developing Type 2 Diabetes - the type you get for being a lazy couch potato! It really brought my weight into perspective, I realised that I needed to take action.

Over the course of three months I lost two stone (28lb) bringing me down from 13 to 11! I managed it using a combination of diet and exercise. In terms of diet I essentially cut out anything that contained carbohydrates! That meant I didn't eat potato, pasta, rice, bread, fruit.... everything I love. I essentially lived off meat and vegetables!

Goodbye High Carbohydrate Food :(
 As for exercise I started talking my dog, Bertie out more frequently and for longer walks, which I enjoyed as I live in a beautiful part of the mountains!

Since reaching my 11 stone target I have gained another half, so I'll have to start cutting back again soon, so I've created this blog to keep up to date and share weightloss news, tips and goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment